Duties are to provide fuel pump service, fill propane tanks, process Lottery ticket & tobacco product sales, maintain cleanliness of interior & exterior of facility including refreshment area, operate a cash register, and other related duties.
Must be able to interact with the public and work well with other team members. Must be able to work all shifts. Will be required to obtain employer-provided TDG, WHMIS & Propane certifications. Averages 24-32 hours per week. This position is classed as safety-sensitive – alcohol and substance testing is a condition of employment.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities, and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for delivering legendary service to make all guests of our Co-op feel at home here through:
Petroleum duties Provide full service at the fuel pumps including dispensing fuel, washing windows and checking oil
Cashiering processing transactions through the Point of Sale system
Stocking Unload freight, stock, and face products within the store and yard.
General duties – housekeeping, opening, closing
You will be Responsible for collecting payments from patrons frequenting a gas station. Accept payments for gas, food, medicine, cigarettes, or alcohol and deliver change. Fill patrons’ gas tanks if necessary.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed, and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are interested in a career in customer service and:
You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
You have retail experience in the areas of customer service, point of sale operation, and merchandising
You are willing to work all shifts scheduled including days, evenings, holidays and weekends
You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
You are physically able to do the heavy lifting of 60 lbs, climb ladders and kneel
- Collect money from patrons at a gas station.
- Dispense change.
- Fill up gas tanks if asked.
- Dispense lottery tickets.
- Collect and dispose of trash outside.
- Provide customers with receipts.
- Charge purchases to customers’ credit cards.
- Verify the age of customers if they are purchasing alcohol or cigarettes.
- Answer questions and provide directions if needed.
- Lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, add water, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories.
- Repair or replace tires.
- Replace windshield wiper blades.
- Activate fuel pumps.
- Adjust brakes and replace spark plugs.
- Sell food and grocery items.
- Charge or replace batteries.
- Operate car washes.
- Give customers directions.
- Sell prepared food, including deli sandwiches, pizza, hotdogs, and pretzels.
- Prepare daily reports of fuel and oil.
- Wash windshields and check fluid levels and air pressure in tires.
- Clean gas station bathrooms.
- Count money in cash drawers.
- Operate price scanners.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Call police to report suspicious activity in and around the gas station.
Pioneer Co-operative Association Ltd.
1150 CENTRAL AVE N
SWIFT CURRENT, SK