LEON Mfg Company Inc. is a world class manufacturer of Agriculture and Light Industrial Equipment. We are growing and are currently looking for hard working, trustworthy individuals to deliver our products throughout Canada and the United States.
We are looking for reliable Drivers to assist the company with all transport-related duties. The Company Driver’s responsibilities include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to. You should also be able to perform routine checks on the company vehicle.
To be successful as a Company Driver, you should ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner. Ultimately, a top-performing Company Driver should be able to ensure that addresses and other transportation details are correct before undertaking any pick-up or drop-off duties.
- Safely transporting company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products, and materials.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
- Promptly informing the company of any tickets issued against the company vehicle during work hours.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
- Providing accurate time records of the company vehicle’s coming and goings.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
Successful candidates must have a valid Class 1A license, a valid passport with no travel restrictions, clean drivers abstract, computer skills, and you must possess excellent communication and written skills.
Full training and support will be provided to the successful candidate.
Trips vary between short and long hauls, and as we have a suite of part-time drivers, this is a great opportunity to drive when you can and supplement your income with a great per km rate, load and unload pay plus coverage of all travel expenses.
If you enjoy driving and can travel with no restrictions this is the position for you!