A child care provider is someone who provides supervision and care for children’s basic needs in childcare facilities. They perform a range of duties including preparing meals, creating lesson plans, and helping children with homework. Also known as a Day Care Worker or Child Care Worker.
We are on the hunt for a friendly and reliable child care provider to join our energetic childcare center. You will be responsible for overseeing children’s daily schedules, providing support to staff, maintaining childcare facilities, and developing appropriate educational activities.
To succeed in this role, you must be compassionate, friendly, and willing to work a flexible schedule. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner.
- Oversee the safety of children in your care.
- Develop an effective cleaning plan to ensure all of the interactive areas are sanitary and safe.
- Create educational and fun activities for the children.
- Keep up-to-date records of children’s development, routines, and interest.
- Develop and monitor schedules to ensure that children have enough rest, physical activity, and playtime.
- Prepare and serve meals.
- When necessary, administer first-aid or CPR to children.
- Assist children, individually or in groups, with lesson projects and homework.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with parents and guardians.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $15.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Night, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Tend to emotional well-being of children; Take children to and from school and to appointments; Supervise and care for children; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Organize, activities such as games and outings for children; Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home; Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development; Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Children’s Ages
- School age (6 – 12 years)
- Additional Skills
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Work Setting
- Employer’s home
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Reference required
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel; Travel expenses paid by employer; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.