The kitchen supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a small army of kitchen staff and overseeing the day to day running of the kitchen, including cleaning the equipment, checking supplies and rotating food stock.
- Location: Sussex, NB
- Salary: $12.00 to $14.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 42 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Group Insurance Benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Kitchen Supervisor Responsibilities and Duties
Implement control on quality along with consistency of every eatable item served.
Develop and adapt work schedule as per prevailing work pressure and occupancy.
Involve in ordering and receiving ingredients required in kitchen.
Implement departmental line-ups regularly as routine.
Control, maintain and manage kitchen inventory and food supplies.
Ensure all ingredients for preparing food are in right supply on time.
Support and facilitate control on food cost.
Convey clearly any maintenance of kitchen equipments and other security problems.
Prepare on time and tasty 3 meals everyday having items from approved menu.
Utilize service of direct preparation or supervision of some other cook helpers as required.
Develop and maintain professional relations with vendor.
Gather data, compile, review and submit essential reports.
Inspect and ensure best functioning of all kitchen equipment is as per given manufacturers instructions.
Supervision other cooks and helpers directly including to schedule and ensure adequate coverage of cooks for meal preparation.
Develop and supervise preparation of specialized menus’ for customer events.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Ensure food service and quality control
- Additional Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Work Setting
- Workers Supervised
- Kitchen and food service helpers
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication
- Group Insurance Benefits
How to apply
110 Main St Sussex, NB
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.