Stock handler is a typical position in a business environment where inventory is shipped, received or stored for later use. … For incoming stock, handlers unload trucks or pallets, place inventory on shelves and label it. For inventory shipment pulls, handlers gather items, package them and load them on trucks
A material handler is in charge of storing, moving, and managing hazardous or non-hazardous materials. Also referred to as warehouse associates, their work includes moving stock, documenting deliveries, and monitoring supplies. They don’t need formal education but do require on-the-job training.
- Location: Markham, ON
- Salary: $17.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
08:30 to 16:30
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a self-motivated and professional material handler to join our warehouse department. If you are a hardworking individual who can complete tasks successfully with little to no supervision, then we are interested in you. In this position, you will be responsible for tracking warehouse stock, documenting orders, and storing merchandise.
In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate outstanding physical fitness. You will also possess in-depth knowledge of various warehouse machinery and equipment such as cranes, forklifts, and booms.
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Store cargo in assigned locations using cargo boards and pallets.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory.
- Record the number of units handled and moved every day using production sheets.
- Operate various machinery including booms, cameras, cranes, and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Analyze pick sheets based on clients’ orders and pull the appropriate products for each order.
- Track supply levels and regularly submit purchasing recommendations.
- Contact vendors for pick-ups or returns.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Seniors
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.