Diamond Setters contribute to the creation of jewelry by adding diamonds to items like rings, earrings, and bracelets. Essential job duties seen on a Diamond Setter resume example are fitting diamonds into jewelry pieces by using special tools, creating their own pieces, and collaborating with other jewelers. The ideal candidate for the job should mention the following assets in his or her resume: dexterity, being able to work on a small scale, a meticulous approach to work, accuracy, time management, and customer service. Successful candidates hold a gemology diploma offered by a gemological association.
- Skil in manual engraving on gold (i.e.
- Handle and prepare diamonds for submitting to GIA.
- Prepare and coordinate jewelry exhibition.
- Create written and illustrate technical jewelry documentation to assist in-house jewelers with an efficient manufacturing process.
- Set stones in jewelry QA product
- Location: Brampton, ON
- Salary: $25.00 to $35.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Jewellery Manufacture and Repair Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Area of Work Experience
- Repair; Jewellery assembling; Gem and stone setting; Cleaning
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other jewellers or watch repairers; Instruct apprentices; Clean all parts using special cleaning and rinsing solutions and ultrasonic or mechanical cleaning machines
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sitting
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication
- Jewellers Specific Skills
- Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings; Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.