Baker needed in Canada by Toothweet Holding Ltd
A Baker, or Pastry Chef, is in charge of preparing baked goods for sale to customers. Their duties include creating recipes, ordering ingredients and coordinating baking schedules to produce breads, cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and other goods.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: $16.00 to $16.50 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Bakers are often responsible for more than just baking. They may have a large team of employees to manage, or they could be working independently. A successful candidate will be expected to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of a Baker, which can include:
- Ensure profitability by maintaining an accurate record of baking operations.
- Manage needed supplies and inventory levels.
- Direct and supervise the production staff’s activities to make sure that products are up to standards.
- Decorate baked products using glaze, icing and other toppings to achieve a finished appearance.
- Assess the quality of raw materials before baking.
- Conduct research to develop original recipes for products.
- Ensure the proper storage of baking utensils.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Prepare special orders
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Draw up production schedules
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Operate machinery
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
2389 Mcbain Ave