Dental technicians (or dental technologists as they are often referred to) make the dentures, crowns, bridges and dental braces that improve patients’ appearance, speech and ability to chew.
- Location: 7325 12 St SE Calgary, ABT2H 2S6
- Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a highly capable dental laboratory technician to construct dental prostheses and devices for our patients. You will be filling orders received from our dentists, preparing wax replicas from dental impressions, and fabricating high-quality dental prostheses and devices.
To ensure success as a dental laboratory technician, you should demonstrate extensive knowledge of dental technologies and experience in a similar role. A top-notch dental laboratory technician will be someone whose expertise results in highly functional, safe, and esthetically pleasing dental replacements.
Dental Laboratory Technician Responsibilities:
- Restoring or replacing natural teeth by fabricating crowns, fixed and removable bridges, dentures, and dental implants.
- Constructing dental prostheses for implantology and maxillo-facial reconstructions.
- Receiving physical dental impression molds or computerized models from dental practices and studying dentists’ instructions.
- Encasing wax replicas of dental impressions with suitable mold materials.
- Constructing prostheses and devices by replacing wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials.
- Polishing and finishing dental prostheses and devices prior to placement by dentists.
- Making adjustments to dental prostheses and devices before final placement.
- Managing supply inventories, performing routine equipment maintenance and facilitating repairs.
- Documenting processes, as well as adhering to industry regulations and safety standards.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of dental laboratory technologies and techniques.
Dental Laboratory Technician Requirements:
- Accredited dental laboratory technology program.
- Certified Dental Technician (CDT) preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience as a dental laboratory technician.
- In-depth knowledge of dental prostheses, devices, and related technologies.
- Extensive experience in constructing, replacing, repairing, and restoring dental devices.
- Proficiency in dental laboratory computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software, such as 3 Shape and Delfin Dental.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and precision.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices
- Maintain and order supplies
Experience and Specialization
Area of Specialization
- Full dentures
- Partial dentures
- Orthodontic appliances
- Crowns and bridges
- Ceramic or porcelain application
- Gold dies and goldwork
- Chrome castings
- Health care plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
7325 12 St SE