A motel manager oversees the operations of a motel. If you manage a small motel, your responsibilities include all aspects of facility operations. Your duties are to hire, train, and supervise staff, make financial decisions, handle administrative tasks like payroll, and develop marketing initiatives.
- LocationYarmouth, NS
- Salary$22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies2 vacancies
- Source Job Bank #2117849
- Bachelor’s degree
5 years or more
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations
- Recruit and hire staff
- Supervise staff
- Conduct performance reviews
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Conduct training sessions
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities
- Perform front desk duties
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Prepare marketing plans
- Implement marketing activities
- Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Develop and implement business plans
- Establish work schedules
- Manage day-to-day business operations
- 11-15 people
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
Area of Work Experience
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed