Courier driver needed in Canada by Fast Lane Courier Ltd.
Courier drivers are responsible for delivering packages and documents for various institutions, businesses, government agencies, and individuals by vehicle. They pick up documents and packages from a customer’s location and then deliver them to their designated addresses within the local area.
- Location: St. John’s, NL
- Salary: $13.20 hourly for 45 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- 08:00 to 17:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Our company is looking for a responsible, experienced individual to join our delivery company as a Courier Driver. As a member of our team, you will receive orders from a centralized dispatch, retrieve parcels from clients, and then deliver the parcels in a timely and safe manner. We provide our clients with the absolute highest in customer service, and you must be able to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in order to best be an ambassador for our brand. Our ideal candidate has prior delivery or professional driving experience. You also need a keen eye for detail, safe driving skills, and a thorough knowledge of the wider geographic area.
Courier Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick up and transport parcels, packages, and other deliverables
- Coordinate with central dispatch to track waiting and completed orders
- Provide friendly customer service to every client
- Ensure package safety and observe transportation requirements, such as with frozen or perishable deliveries
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations
Courier Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 75 KG
- Safe driving skills and ability to multitask
- Strong customer service skills
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Professionalism in customer service
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
- Load and unload goods
Experience and Specialization
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply