Courier drivers are responsible for delivering packages and documents for various institutions, businesses, government agencies, and individuals by vehicle. They pick up documents and packages from a customer’s location and then deliver them to their designated addresses within the local area.
- Location: St. John’s, NL
- Salary: $13.20 hourly for 45 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- 08:00 to 17:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Our company is looking for a responsible, experienced individual to join our delivery company as a Courier Driver. As a member of our team, you will receive orders from a centralized dispatch, retrieve parcels from clients, and then deliver the parcels in a timely and safe manner. We provide our clients with the absolute highest in customer service, and you must be able to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in order to best be an ambassador for our brand. Our ideal candidate has prior delivery or professional driving experience. You also need a keen eye for detail, safe driving skills, and a thorough knowledge of the wider geographic area.
Courier Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick up and transport parcels, packages, and other deliverables
- Coordinate with central dispatch to track waiting and completed orders
- Provide friendly customer service to every client
- Ensure package safety and observe transportation requirements, such as with frozen or perishable deliveries
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations
Courier Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 75 KG
- Safe driving skills and ability to multitask
- Strong customer service skills
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Professionalism in customer service
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
- Load and unload goods
Experience and Specialization
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply