This Delivery Driver job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company. It can also be modified to hire a delivery assistant or similar role.
- Delivering a wide variety of items
- Following delivery driving routes and time schedules
- Loading, unloading, preparing, inspecting and operating the delivery vehicle
- Location: Summerside, PE
- Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, 08:00 to 17:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a responsible Delivery Driver to distribute products promptly to our customers. You will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes
- Follow routes and time schedule
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle
- Ask for feedback on provided services and resolve clients’ complaints
- Collect payments
- Inform customers about new products and services
- Complete logs and reports
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
- Valid professional driver’s license
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- High school degree
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Professionalism in customer service
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Assemble, install and set-up merchandise/products
- Prepare, package and restock goods
- Load and unload goods
- Use maps and other trip planning aids
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
Experience and Specialization
Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
645 Water St E
C1N 4H9 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Include this reference number in your application