Providing waxing, facials, body treatments, and makeup applications and lessons. Adhering to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring time schedule. Welcoming clients in a warm, friendly manner, accompanying them to and from treatment rooms, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Interviewing clients to obtain information about contraindications, and examining skin to evaluate the suitability of treatments.
- Advising clients on skincare and recommending suitable treatments and home care regimens.
- Engaging and conversing with clients during sessions on topics relating to their interests.
- Maintaining product knowledge to promote and sell spa and salon services, and retail products.
- Adhering to esthetics policies pertaining to chemical usage, and cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance of equipment.
- Caring for linens and replacing them between sessions.
- Ceasing treatment and informing supervisor in the event of inappropriate guest behavior.
- Location: 2360, 23 Ave, NW Edmonton, ABT6T 0R1
- Salary: $17.80 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a compassionate esthetician to perform skin, body, and hair removal treatments. The esthetician will consult with clients to assess their requirements, make informed recommendations and explain services, assist them to select appropriate treatments, and ensure their care and satisfaction. The esthetician will ensure treatments start and end on time. You will maintain knowledge to promote and sell services and retail products. You will ensure work areas are clean and tidy, equipment is sanitized and linens are clean at all times, and treat clients in a courteous and empathetic manner.
To ensure success you should meet revenue goals, ensure client retention, and build a solid client base. Ideal candidates will be empathetic, caring, and professional, and have the ability to make others feel good about themselves.
- State licensure to practice as an esthetician.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Proficient in performing all applicable treatments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding people skills and a warm, friendly manner.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Willing to relocate
- Body care/treatments
- Provide general information to customers on beauty products
- Apply make-up on customers
- Mendhi (henna – temporary designs)
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Skin care
- Eyebrow threading
Experience and Specialization
Area of Work Experience
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply