A Material Handler, or Warehouse Associate, handles, moves and stores various non-hazardous and hazardous materials within a warehouse. Their main duties include loading and unloading different transport items, recording inventory statuses and making sure deliveries properly match purchase orders.
- Location: Nelson, BC
- Salary: $27.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Material Handler duties and responsibilities
A Material Handler in large corporations is required to work with and supervise a team of people and direct them with efficiency. Some of their typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Verifying the accuracy of quantity and quality of incoming deliveries
- Labeling every product and placing them accordingly
- Identifying and locating the right products during the delivery process
- Keeping a well-maintained and updated account of stock and inventory
- Handling returns by completing technical documentation and other required communication
- Keeping all material handling equipment in the best condition by conducting regular maintenance
- Conveying purchasing requirements and keeping data on the availability of products in short supply
- Collaborating with internal departments to locate missing packages, fix incorrect deliveries and replace damaged products
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Full time enrollment
Work Site Environment
- Various locations
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Students, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply