Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security staff including security guards and desk clerks. Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on workplace searches, drug and alcohol procedures, and related safety and security topics. A security supervisor is in charge of coordinating and overseeing the security staff in a building or within a designated area. Their responsibilities focus on devising strategies, appointing personnel, and implementing protocols that would ensure the safety of an establishment, goods, and the people inside.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Supervise and oversee security functions in an organization. Train and schedule programs and functions to security personnel. Evaluate, assess and analyze performance of security personnel. Initiate disciplinary measures wherever necessary. Provide security to office staff, buildings and properties. Keep the premises free from all kinds of dangers. Screen visitors before allowing them to enter the premises. Maintain all security devices and products in good working condition. Develop and implement preventative measures against accidents, thefts and other risks. Ensure compliance of applicable policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Handle emergency situations
- Prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Resolve work related problems
- Supervise operation of mechanical equipment and machinery
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply