Hotel Front Desk Clerks, or Hotel Receptionists, are responsible for providing all of a hotel’s guests with an accommodating experience by coordinating amenities and responding to customer needs. Their duties include greeting people as they enter the lobby, fielding calls from guests and helping visitors check into their rooms.
- Location: Welland, ON
- Salary: $15.00 hourly for 30 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Hotel Front Desk Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
Hotel Front Desk Clerks use customer service and communication skills to provide the guest with an exceptional and accommodating hotel experience. Hotel Front Desk Clerks have the following responsibilities:
- Check in customers using computer programs and equipment and provide guests with directions to their room
- Inform customers of all on-site amenities and any relevant information that is needed to use them
- Handle and resolve guest complaints
- Invoice and bill guests for their stay and services used
- Communicate with guests to better understand their individual needs to provide them with the best service possible
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Hospitality industry
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Handle wake-up calls
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide customer service
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Word processing software
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number