An early childhood educator is a qualified professional who educates children from the age of 3 years until they begin formal schooling. They address the cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs of both the individual child and groups of children.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: $23.90 hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-09-01
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a certified early childhood educator who can effectively address the needs of 3 to 6-year-old children in a school environment. The early childhood educator is responsible for providing developmentally appropriate programs that are aligned with national norms of the state.
To be a successful early childhood educator, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanor when interacting with children. Ultimately, an outstanding early childhood educator should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
Early Childhood Educator Responsibilities:
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the program to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged.
- Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group.
- Composing detailed reports for parents.
- Meeting with The Head of Department and Principal on a regular basis.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Education Department and State.
Early Childhood Educator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in early child development.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field.
- Ability to exercise patience when interacting with children.
- A caring and approachable nature.
- Ability to work during the evening, and after-hours, as needed.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Child care centre
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Emergency child care first aid and CPR
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Experience and Specialization
Experience with Special Needs Children
- Children with an intellectual disability
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter