Plumbers install and repair pipes and fixtures that carry water, gas, or other fluids in homes and businesses. They also maintain plumbing fixtures like bathtubs and toilets and appliances such as dishwashers or heating systems.
- Reading blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cutting, assembling and installing pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Installing and maintaining water supply systems
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $26.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for an experienced Plumber to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes and HVAC systems.
A successful plumber must have a thorough knowledge of hydraulic systems. They are patient individuals with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail.
The goal is to install and maintain well-functioning systems that transport water, waste, gases or hot liquids.
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Install and maintain water supply systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks)
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Install and maintain gas and liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, radiators etc.)
- Install waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning DWV systems
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
- Valid license to practice profession
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
5 years or more
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- 3-4 people
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Work under pressure
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
9274 Monkland Pl