A massage therapist is responsible for treating clients through soft tissue manipulation while maintaining a safe and relaxing experience. The therapist should be good at perceiving client wishes and needs through spoken language, body language and other cues and modifying their treatments accordingly. A massage therapist performs therapeutic massages on clients to improve circulation, promote relaxation, and relieve stress, pain, and injuries. Massage therapists collaborate with other professionals such as chiropractors, physicians, psychologists, and physiotherapists to assist with treatments.
- Location: 4287 Kingsway Burnaby, BCV5H 1Z5
- Salary: $60.00 to $65.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to recruit a professional, courteous massage therapist to provide our guests with a wide range of massage services. The massage therapist will consult with guests to screen them for underlying conditions, and to assist with selecting appropriate services. You will perform massages in a manner that prevents injuries to your wrists and other parts of your body. You will assist guests with inquiries, and explain treatments and packages in a courteous manner.
To ensure success you need to assist guests with selecting the most appropriate services for their needs, be skilled at performing massages, and ensure guest retention. Preferred candidates are friendly, guest-oriented, and dexterous.
Massage Therapist Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensuring a clean, safe, and well-organized spa facility.
- Setting up spa and work stations, and ensuring cleanliness and tidiness throughout the shift.
- Assisting with keeping linens clean and tidy, and replacing them between sessions.
- Sterilizing equipment.
- Accompanying guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Consulting with clients to identify appropriate massage services.
- Providing massage services listed in the brochure.
- Maintaining records and filing documentation.
- Complying with all applicable standards, rules, and regulations.
Massage Therapist Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 6+ months of work experience as a massage therapist.
- Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods.
- Comfortable with performing massages on diverse clients.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply