Job Vacancy in Canada
Retail meat cutter needed in Canada by Delzotto Butchershop
Butchers take larger wholesale sections of meat and break them down into smaller portions or custom cuts which can be sold to customers. They break down meats, design signs and displays, and speak to customers to answer questions and handle requests.
- Location: 829, Big Bay Point Road Barrie, ONL4M 4S6
- Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a skilled Butcher to provide high-quality meats and services to our customers. The Butcher will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts, and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye-catching. You will also speak to customers to determine their needs, provide advice regarding proper cuts of meat and preparation methods, and coordinate pickups or deliveries.
To succeed as a Butcher, you should be courteous, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation.
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
- Education or food preparation or meat cutting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Additional training is often required.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Remove bones from meat
- Weigh meats for sale
- Cut poultry into parts
- Clean and prepare fish and shellfish
- Cut fish into steaks and fillets
- Grind meats
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
829, Big Bay Point Road