Jobs in Canada
Software engineer needed in Canada by NIMBLE IT TECHNOLOGY INC.
Software engineers focus on applying the principles of engineering to software development. Their role includes analyzing and modifying existing software as well as designing, constructing and testing end-user applications that meet user needs — all through software programming languages. Software engineers apply principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer science to the design, development, and testing of software applications for computers.
- Location: 2267 165 ST. Surrey, BCV3Z 0L8
- Salary: $54.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a skilled software engineer who, along with our excellent software development team, will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed on by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field is required. You will also need at least five to seven years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field to be successful in this role.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods.
- Directing our software programming initiatives
- Overseeing the development of documentation.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Analyzing data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
- Managing the software development lifecycle.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
Software Engineer Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field.
- 5 to 7 years of software engineering or software development experience, preferably in a related field.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Experience using relevant tool suites.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong team-building skills.
- The ability to travel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
3 years to less than 5 years
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Consulting firm
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- MS Windows
- Programming software
- Database software
- Software development
Area of Specialization
- System integration
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Cellular phone
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications