Administrative Assistants assist with the day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, answering phone calls, preparing documents for meetings, and managing the calendar of their supervisors.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: $23.25 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
What does an Administrative Assistant do?
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive Administrative Assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Admin Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc.
- Supervise other workers
- Train other workers
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
V5V 3E3 Between 01:00 PM and 03:00 PM