The barber’s responsibilities include cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring client’s hair according to their instructions, fitting and grooming hairpieces, and billing clients. You should also be able to provide hairstyle suggestions and haircare advice to clients.
- Location: 22935 Lougheed Hwy. Maple Ridge, BCV2X 2W1
- Salary: $18.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Barbers, sometimes called hairstylists or cosmetologists, cut and style hair and may perform other beauty services. Their primary responsibilities are to enhance the cosmetic appeal and health of their client’s hair. This might include hair cutting and coloring, fitting hairpieces and grooming and styling facial hair.
Barber duties and responsibilities
Barbers may perform a range of tasks related to hair cutting and styling but may also perform administrative tasks and managerial duties if they are in a supervisory or ownership role. Barbers are primarily responsible for directly assisting clients, with daily duties including:
- Assess hair and scalp health and recommend treatments and products
- Consult with clients and advise hairstyle and hair treatment options
- Cut and style hair to client’s specifications
- Use chemical solutions, hair dyes and hot styling tools
- Maintain salon sanitation and health standards, including cleaning and disinfecting workstations
- Trim and groom clients’ facial hair with combs, razors, scissors and clippers
- Process client payments
- Order barber supplies
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply