Dentists diagnose and treat dental issues and help patients develop better oral hygiene regimens. They clean teeth, correct bite issues, perform surgeries and extractions, and perform other duties to ensure that the teeth and mouth are healthy.
- Location: 17 Ray Lawson Blvd, Unit#3 Brampton, ONL6Y 5L8
- Salary: $60.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a Dentist to diagnose, treat and advise our patients on various dental issues.
You’ll need to have experience treating a range of teeth and gum problems, from simple cases like removing plaque to more complex procedures (e.g. placing dental implants).
Ultimately, you’ll promote good oral health and help patients apply preventive dental care.
- Examine patients’ medical records
- Prepare patients for treatment (e.g. by applying oral sedation or anesthesia)
- Check teeth, gums and other parts of the mouth, along with X-rays and tests, to diagnose dental problems
- Clean teeth and remove plaque
- Identify tooth decay and replace cavities with fillings
- Design and fit dental prosthetics, such as bridges, crowns and dentures
- Apply teeth-whitening treatments
- Conduct tooth extractions and root canal procedures
- Perform surgeries on diseased tissues and bones
- Prescribe medication as needed
- Educate patients on proper brushing techniques, flossing and fluoride use
- Promote good oral health and preventive dental care (e.g. by scheduling regular check-ups)
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Dentist
- In-depth understanding of dental hygiene
- Experience with dental equipment and tools
- Experience with surgeries and teeth extractions
- A pleasant and compassionate personality with the ability to make patients feel comfortable
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) or similar degree that gives license to practice the dentist profession
- Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Private practice
- Examine patients’ teeth, gums and surrounding tissue
- Diagnose disease, injury and decay and plan appropriate treatment
- Restore, extract and replace diseased and decayed teeth
- Perform oral surgery, periodontal surgery and other treatments
- Supervise staff
- Clean teeth and instruct patients on oral hygiene
- Design bridgework, fit dentures and provide appliances
- Write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for use by denturists and dental technicians
- Act as consultants to other dentists
- 3-4 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
- National Dental Examining Board of Canada Certification
Experience and Specialization
Area of Specialization
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Free parking available
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
What is a dentist?
Dentists are responsible for anything regarding the health of the mouth, including the teeth, gums and dental tissues. They need to be licensed to perform their duties. Note that dentist education requirements may differ from country to country or from state to state.
What does a dentist do?
Dentists can be general practitioners or specialize in specific areas (e.g. pediatric dentists, endodontists and periodontists). In this case, they’ll need to develop specific dentist skills. Often, they’re required to complete additional studies.
General dentist duties include:
- Conducting oral screenings to identify diseases and infections
- Removing tooth decay and plaque
- Applying prosthetics, sealers and whiteners