Dry cleaners are responsible for cleaning, pressing, ironing, mending and sewing a variety of different items, but most often clothing. This may involve hand-cleaning items using chemicals, solvents, bleach, detergents or other cleaning items to remove spots and stains, as explained by MyPlan.
- Location: 7690 134 Street Surrey, BCV3W 7T8
- Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Dry cleaners offer cleaning services for clothing, outerwear and household items that can’t be washed at home. This could include suede, furs, blankets, linens, rugs, carpets and more. The dry-cleaning process involves immersing and cleaning clothes in a liquid solvent rather than soap and water. Dry cleaners often own and operate industrial sized dry-cleaning machines that can handle a large number of clothing at a time.
Dry Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities
Dry Cleaner job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Receive items from customers and mark them with codes or names
- Cleaning, pressing, ironing, mending and sewing a variety of different items
- Inspect articles for stains and fabrics that require special care
- Remove, sort, and hang clothing and other articles after they are removed from the machines
- Clean and maintain laundry and dry-cleaning machines
- Sort articles to be cleaned by fabric type, color, and cleaning technique
- Load clothing into laundry and dry-cleaning machines
- Add detergent, bleach, and other chemicals to laundry and dry-cleaning machines
- Updating client records
- Managing payroll
- Keeping the financial records of the business in order.
Dry Cleaner Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Dry Cleaner job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- Experience is essential
- General knowledge of fabrics, dyes, solvents and cleaning solutions is valuable
- Good customer service skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches and other solutions and chemicals
- Operate dry cleaning and washing machines, dryers and blow drying machines to clean and dry garments, draperies, cushion covers, sheets, blankets, furs and other articles
- Hand fold and bag shirts, sheets and other articles
- Hand iron laundered fine linens or dry-cleaned silk garments
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Assemble and bag finished articles
- Check finished dry-cleaned or laundered articles to ensure that establishment standards are met
- Record damage or improper cleaning or laundering of articles
- Use hand-held steam iron to touch up finished garments and other articles
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
7690 134 Street