The chief financial officer (CFO) is an officer of a company or organization that is assigned the primary responsibility for managing the company’s finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, and financial reporting. Financial officers are in charge of overseeing the financial transactions of a company. Also known as chief financial officers, these professionals are tasked with developing budgets, monitoring transactions, and preparing financial reports. They possess strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Location: 1980 St. Clair Ave. W., Toronto, ONM6N 0A3
- Salary: $26.00 to $28.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are on the hunt for a highly-analytical and qualified financial officer to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for the financial health of our company by managing our financial procedures. Your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring transactions, and preparing invoices.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also have outstanding analytical and time management abilities.
- Create and implement financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets.
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Contribute to financial audits.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Prepare balance sheets and invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1 year to less than 2 years
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Reconcile accounts
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Tight deadlines
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply