A Grocery Clerk’s responsibilities include maintaining a clean work environment, organizing food displays, and stocking shelves with products for customers to buy. They will also deliver a high level of customer service to shoppers.
- Location: New Westminster, BC
- Salary: $15.65 hourly for 20 to 32 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
A grocery clerk, also known as a supermarket clerk, is responsible for maintaining a grocery store to ensure it runs efficiently. They demonstrate excellent commercial awareness, courtesy, and organizational skills. Duties may include cleaning the store, restocking shelves, and ordering stock.
We are on the hunt for a friendly and experienced grocery clerk to ensure that the grocery area of our supermarket is well-maintained and running efficiently. You will act as the first point of contact with customers and help them with information and support in buying their groceries.
Your duties may include preparing sale displays, ensuring the store is clean, stocking products, and processing customer orders. To exceed in this role, the ideal candidate will have a friendly and open attitude, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Grocery Clerk Responsibilities:
- Asking customers about their needs and helping them in making purchases.
- Escorting customers to the appropriate aisle or shelve in order to assist with purchasing decisions.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Ensuring the store is clean, safe, and in order.
- Stocking and replacing products to avoid any damages.
- Keeping shelves fully stocked with fresh products.
- Preparing store displays and ensuring that products are accurately labeled.
- Ordering out-of-stock products.
- Processing customer orders and payments.
- Discarding expired items and place near expiry items on special promotions.
Grocery Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a grocery clerk.
- Proven customer service or retail experience is a plus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication and people skills.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Carry customer’s purchases to parking lot and pack orders in customers’ vehicles
- Direct customers to location of articles sought
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Stock shelves and display areas
- Price items using stamp or stickers according to price list
- Provide customer service
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Long term benefits
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply