The Sandwich Artist’s responsibilities include greeting customers and accurately taking their orders, explaining menu items to customers and answering their questions, and helping to unload food supplies from delivery trucks. You should also be able to work in a team to complete large orders in a timely manner.
- Location: Orillia, ON
- Salary: $16.00 hourly for 15 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Sandwich Artist Responsibilities:
- Preparing all sandwich ingredients, which includes washing, cutting, slicing, chopping, and grating ingredients according to established guidelines.
- Neatly preparing sandwiches according to customers’ orders.
- Operating the cash register and handing customers the correct change.
- Explaining menu options to customers as required.
- Neatly wrapping customers’ sandwiches.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work station at all times.
- Properly sanitizing all utensils and dishes before each use.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations while storing, preparing, and serving food.
Sandwich Artist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A food handler’s license.
- Proven experience working in a fast-food restaurant, deli, or similar environment.
- The ability to follow verbal instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work effectively under stress.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Package take-out food
- Portion and wrap foods
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Take customers’ orders
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- Team player
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
425-427 WEST STREET NORTH
L3V 7R2 Between 11:00 AM and 07:00 PM