Job Vacancy in Canada
Security guard supervisor needed in Canada by Jackpot Management Ltd.
Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security staff including security guards and desk clerks. Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on workplace searches, drug and alcohol procedures, and related safety and security topics.
- Location: 8600 jones Richmond, BCV6Y 3Z3
- Salary: $20.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment; Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
What Does a Security Supervisor Do?
The security supervisor’s job description involves managing various aspects of a security department for a government agency or business. Some of the duties involved with this job include monitoring security equipment, supervising other security staff, like the security guards, assembling, documenting abnormal occurrences on a job site, and training of security teams.
People working as security supervisors are often required to meet with other supervisory employees so as to discuss important security matters with them.
Supervisors in charge of security are expected to be organized, have a keen eye for detail, trustworthy, and able to manage others effectively. They can rise to be supervisors after they must have proved their skills and expertise in a lower-level security position.
A supervisor may be required to carry a weapon and must obtain legal permission to do so. In some cases, these professionals are required to undergo special training(s) associated with security matters and learn how to perform well on the job.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Resolve work related problems
- Supervise operation of mechanical equipment and machinery
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Security guards
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply