A Welder, or Brazer, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape. Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smoothing molten metal to remove creases.
- Location: 307 ROBERTSON ST Thunder Bay, ONP7C 2P1
- Salary: $31.39 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
Our company is looking for a highly talented welder to join our dynamic team. We’re seeking a hardworking professional who likes meeting challenges and surpassing client expectations. Your chief responsibilities will include interpreting designs, monitoring machinery, and assessing welded components.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of welding machinery and electrical equipment. The successful candidate will also have a steady hand and outstanding attention to detail.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a welder.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply