Providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations. Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of driving. Documenting and reporting on students’ progress. Informing students when they are ready to take the driver’s test.
- Location: North Vancouver, BCOn the road job
- Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 hourly for 24 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Our company is looking for a hardworking and experienced candidate to join as a Driving Instructor.
Your main goal will be teaching the students all the required skills required for driving. As a Driving Instructor, you will be planning and preparing diving lessons on driving laws and regulations. You will also be responsible for explaining all the required techniques and offering advice to the students.
To be successful in this job role, you will be assisting the students to reach their full potential efficiently. You should be overseeing and monitoring the progress of the student. You should also be supervising their practical driving tests.
Besides this, you should have an excellent close eye for details for accuracy. You should also possess excellent instructional skills and the ability to communicate in an understandable manner.
If you think you have superb driving skills and the ability to teach our students from day one, then apply right away. We will be happy to work with you.
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Conduct road test examinations and evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver’s licences
- Demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles
- Instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations
- Supervise individuals during practice driving
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Word
Area of Specialization
- Automobile driving
Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Gasoline paid
- Mileage paid
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Proof of the requested certifications