Furniture Assemblers are in charge for the physical assembly of furniture. Their duties include adjusting, trimming, fitting parts, inspecting wood, ensuring quality standards, handling material orders, placing orders on pallets, and using equipment such as screwdrivers, drawer machines, and staple guns.
- Location: Concord, ON
- Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
A furniture assembler puts together various components, materials, and fabrics to build complete furnishings, from couches and beds to dining tables and chairs, curtains, and more. As a furniture assembler, you may work for a furniture store, filling orders, delivering items to customers, and assembling pieces of furniture in their homes. Alternatively, you may work in furniture manufacturing, where your job duties include retrieving parts from manufacturing equipment, reading instruction sheets and blueprints on how to assemble the parts, and using power tools to put parts and materials together correctly. You also install hardware and finishing touches before packing furniture for transportation to the warehouse or customers.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Willing to relocate
- Prepare, sand and trim wooden furniture and fixture parts
- Record information on products inspected
- Assemble wooden or metal furniture and fixture parts to form subassemblies and complete articles
- Reinforce assembled furniture and fixtures with dowels or other supports
- Install hardware on furniture and fixtures
- Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
Experience and Specialization
Type of Materials
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply