Cafe Manager responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and snacks, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops.
- Location: Ancaster, ON
- Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-10-24
- Benefits: Other benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Cafe Manager to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire and onboard new wait staff and baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply