Jobs in Canada
Office co-ordinator needed in Canada by KINGDOM ATHLETICS LTD.
An Office Coordinator is a professional who manages office communications and facilitates key tasks. They provide assistance with incoming & outgoing emails, phone calls, mail, and coordinating meetings.
- Location: 2-2355 King George Blvd Surrey, BCV4A 5A4
- Salary: $28.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a skilled Office Coordinator to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
An excellent office coordinator is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the organization.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings etc.)
- Greet and assist visitors when they arrive at the office
- Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts (rent, service etc.)
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system
- Deal with customer complaints or issues
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
- Assist in vendor relationship management
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
- Experience in customer service will be a plus
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, “back-office” and accounting software
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. optical scanner)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Associate’s/College degree; BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is a plus
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
3 years to less than 5 years
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
Frequently asked questions
What does an Office Coordinator do?
An Office Coordinator is an essential part of any company. They ensure the office operates smoothly by managing varied responsibilities that keep the office running. These can range from taking meeting notes and ordering office supplies to reserving conference spaces for meetings and planning out-of-town travel arrangements for employees.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Office Coordinator?
Office Coordinators perform a number of administrative functions and customer service-related tasks that assist the overall function of the office environment. They include greeting customers and visitors, managing schedules for conferences and meetings, scheduling vendors for maintenance and repairs, and ordering inventory for office supplies.
What makes a good Office Coordinator?
A good Office Coordinator will have excellent time management skills as they will set and maintain schedules for required projects. Organization and flexibility are also important skills to have as they are necessary on a daily basis. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required due to the amount of interaction they have with various employees and vendors.
Who does an Office Coordinator work with?
An Office Coordinator interacts with various employees in almost every department. Depending on their role within the company, they can report directly to an Office Manager, various department leaders, or to a Human Resources Manager.