A Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities include greeting visitors, helping them navigate through an office, and supplying them with refreshments as they wait. In addition, they maintain calendars for appointments, sort mail, make copies, and plan travel arrangements.
- Location: High Level, AB
- Salary: $19.00 to $24.00 hourly for 30 to 44 hours bi-weekly
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Greet vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors and arrange for transportation services when needed. Direct visitors by maintaining employee and department directories. May operate a switchboard to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls. Maintain security by following procedures, monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Possess excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Greet clients as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate party
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices
- Create and manage both digital and hardcopy filing systems for all partners
- Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings based on all partners’ itineraries
- Deal with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
- Complete procedures when Guests arrive and leave
- Prepare bills and take payments
- Take and pass on messages to Guests
- Deal with special requests from Guests
- Answer questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area
- Deal with complaints or problems
- Answer telephone calls and take messages or forward calls
- Schedule and confirm appointments and maintain event calendars
- Check visitors in and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Inform other employees of visitors’ arrivals or cancellations
- Enter customer data and send correspondence
- Copy, file and maintain paper or electronic documents and records
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
Receptionist top skills & proficiencies:
- Customer Service
- Overachieving Attitude
- Work Ethic
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Problem Solving Skills
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Customer Focus
- Handle Pressure
- Supply Management
- or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Willing to relocate
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- On-site housing options
- Team building opportunities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply