Athletics coach needed in Canada by Origins Parkour Ltd.
Sports coaches instruct teams on the governing rules and techniques of their respective athletic engagements. Sports coaches also boost camaraderie within and between cohorts.
- Location: Various locationsVancouver, , BC Port Moody, , BC
- Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Receives guidance and instruction from more senior coaches in general and specific coaching procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Assists as specifically directed, in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Assists in monitoring and supporting student-athletes in academic progress.
- Assists as appropriate in planning and arranging team travel.
- Serves as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Clery Act.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; no previous experience required.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning methods and techniques.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
- Urban area
- Private business
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ or team’s performance
- Leading/instructing groups
- Lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Leading/instructing individuals
- Plan and carry out recreational, fitness and sports activities
- Assemble supplies, sports and game equipment
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- More than 20 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Child abuse registry check
- Immunization records
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Client focus
- Free parking available
- On-site recreation and activities
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current level of study?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter