Business development officers are employed by companies to develop and execute strategies to increase company sales and profits. They identify profitable business opportunities, secure sound business deals, and lead business development associates.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $35.00 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to employ a driven and detail-oriented business development officer to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies to increase company sales. The business development officer’s responsibilities include identifying company products and services that are underperforming, developing an in-depth knowledge of company offerings, pricing, and policies, and improving existing sales proposals. You should also ensure that the company is able to achieve revenue targets.
To be successful as a business development officer, you should be adept at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit the company. Ultimately, an exceptional business development officer should have strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
Business Development Officer Responsibilities:
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with company stakeholders and customers.
- Analyzing customer feedback data to determine whether customers are satisfied with company products and services.
- Recruiting, training, and guiding business development staff.
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborating with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meeting with potential investors to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
Business Development Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or administration, finance, accounting, marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience working as a business development officer or similar role.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Develop policies
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale and retail consumers
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Design market research questionnaires
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Maintain database of potential franchisees, real estate locations and on-line buy/sell Internet sites
- Ensure appropriate business/commercial licenses are in place
- Develop and implement business plans
- 5-10 people
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Unit 162, 12899 80 Ave