A customer service clerk is responsible for resolving client issues, giving requested information, and providing clients high-quality customer service. Customer service clerks’ tasks include sharing information, responding to and recording requests, collecting payments, and resolving billing disputes. A service clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service, handling cashier duties, providing information, and answering questions on the company’s products and services
- Location: Sudbury, ON
- Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a friendly service clerk to be responsible for providing our customers with excellent service. The service clerk’s responsibilities include processing register transactions, handling customer complaints, cleaning and organizing the store, and helping to promote the company’s products and services. The service clerk will also assist in taking orders, scanning information about customers’ bills and payments, and updating customers’ accounts when necessary.
To be a successful service clerk, you should have strong interpersonal and customer service skills. You should be detail-oriented and have basic math skills.
Service Clerk Responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers to the store, inquiring about their needs, and directing them to particular items around the store.
- Giving advice on the store’s or company’s products and services.
- Referring customers to Sales Associates or Managers if necessary, answering phones, and transferring calls to the correct department.
- Ringing up purchases, promoting sales items, making exchanges, and processing refunds and returns.
- Maintaining a clean and organized cash register area and front of the store area.
- Addressing and resolving customer complaints.
- Reporting thefts or problems to the Store Manager.
- Ensuring the register drawers have enough money, replacing the register tape, and cashing up the register drawer at the end of the shift.
- Assisting in taking stock inventory, removing expired and out-of-date products from the shelves, and restocking inventory.
- Assisting with cleaning at the end of a shift.
Service Clerk Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in sales may be advantageous.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the company’s products and services and strong sales skills.
- Basic math skills and the ability to use a cash register.
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- The ability to calmly and efficiently help disgruntled customers.
- Data organization and management skills.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Access and process information
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Answer inquiries and provide information to customers
- Issue receipts and other forms
- Perform general office duties
- Receive payments
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply