Jobs in Canada
Furniture mover needed in Canada by Northline Group
This position is responsible for moving, loading, unloading and set-up of furniture and household goods during client deliveries and pick-ups of donated furniture. Movers are responsible for moving furniture from one location to another, ensuring that the items are not damaged.
- Location: Whitehorse, YT
- Salary: $25.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a physically fit, responsible individual to move furniture by loading items into and out of moving trucks. Movers are responsible for ensuring that items are undamaged and placed in the correct position in the new location.
To be successful as a mover you must have stamina to perform manual duties that often require strength. You should also be able to plan the most efficient ways to pack items into the moving truck.
- Wrap furniture in protective material.
- Load, pack and unload items with care.
- Ensure that no items are damaged while moving.
- Place furniture in the requested positions at the new location.
- Take inventory of items and ensure that no items are lost during transportation.
- Physically fit.
- Punctual and professional.
- A high school qualification or equivalent would be preferable.
- A driver’s license would be advantageous.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
Work Site Environment
- Various locations
- Urban area
- Moving and storage company
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- Make labels and attach to goods
- Provide customer service
- Wrap goods
- Pack and unpack goods
- Sort, crate and stack goods
- Install, lash and secure goods
- Store cargo and materials
- Transport and distribute materials and goods
- Organize and maintain inventory
Experience and Specialization
Vehicle and Equipment Experience
- Dollies and hand trucks
- Light trucks
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter