Grill cooks prepare partial or entire meals over electric, gas, or fire grills. Grill cooks are sometimes referred to as grillardins.
- Location: 3190, Island Hwy N Nanaimo, BCV9T 1W1
- Salary: $17.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for an accomplished grill cook to create meals in accordance with customers’ preferences. The grill cook’s responsibilities include preparing ingredients, informing waitstaff when orders are ready, and cleaning the grill after each shift. You should also monitor inventory to ensure that you have sufficient supplies at all times.
To be successful as a grill cook, you should be a skilled multitasker who adheres to food safety codes. Ultimately, a top-performing grill cook will create and propound innovative dishes for inclusion on our menu.
Grill Cook Responsibilities:
- Slicing, cutting, shredding, tenderizing, and skewering meat and vegetables.
- Braising and grilling meat and vegetables.
- Checking that ingredients remain fresh and safe for consumption.
- Preventing cross-contamination.
- Preparing meals in accordance with customers’ preferences, if applicable.
- Tracking the components of each meal to ensure that the final dish is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with waitstaff once orders are finalized.
- Ensuring that your workstation remains clean and orderly at all times.
- Informing the Manager when equipment is due for maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you always have adequate supplies.
Grill Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a cook, preferably with a focus on grilling.
- Desire for continuous learning and professional development.
- Capacity to stand for long hours.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Level-headed with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the production of high-quality outputs and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on holidays, as required.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
3190, Island Hwy N