A housekeeping aide usually works for a hotel, hospital, or assisted living facility. Your daily job duties include cleaning rooms, hallways, and other guest areas. You often change linens, empty garbage containers, organize items, vacuum floors, and perform a variety of other cleaning tasks.
Housekeeping aides clean and organize designated areas, such as hotel rooms, hospital rooms, closets, corridors, guest areas and stairwells. They must be proficient in using various cleaning chemicals and equipment. These workers are employed at places such as hotels, hospitals and assisted living facilities. A high school diploma or the equivalent may be required for this job, but more important than education are good communication skills, organizational ability and the stamina to perform physical tasks for up to eight hours a day.
- Location: Port Rowan, ON
- Salary: $150.00 daily for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-08-29
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Daily responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing rooms or other assigned areas, changing linens, changing glassware and removing debris. Specific duties include dusting and polishing, cleaning all furniture and accessories, washing windows and mirrors, removing any stains or marks and emptying all trash. Housekeeping aides clean and sanitize bathing spaces, sinks and toilets; vacuuming, sweeping and mopping are also included in their duties. They check for damages to company property and submit reports to appropriate supervisors.
Daily duties also include maintaining supply carts with adequate supplies. To ensure all daily duties and assignments are met, housekeeping aides communicate throughout the day with supervisors and other staff members.
Housekeeping aides are also responsible for responding to the needs of guests in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining guest satisfaction. At times, guests may request additional items in their room, laundry services, shoe shines, extra roll-away beds or cribs. They also answer inquiries of guests regarding various matters, such as accommodation features or local attractions.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Staff accommodation provided
- Rural area
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Dust furniture
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Make beds and change sheets
- Distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply