- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Salary: $26.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an experienced plumber to install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, heating systems, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to design and inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes.
To be successful as a plumber you should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. To excel in this position you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy dealing with people.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- 2+ years of experience as a plumber.
- Valid plumbing license.
- Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Various locations
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Schedule personnel, tools and equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Estimate costs and materials
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Overtime required
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply