Cafeteria worker needed in Canada by Compass Group Canada
Normally, a cafeteria worker’s day would consist of preparing the equipment and kitchen for the day’s service. You would review your menus for the day, serve food and beverages, monitor the use of food, restock the kitchen supply and wash the daily dishes, pots and pans.
- Location: Jeddore Oyster Ponds, NS
- Salary: $13.35 to $13.65 hourly for 15 to 20 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-09-09
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing Food Service Worker who loves cooking and serving food. They typically focus on various food preparation duties to help with food production and efficiently deliver finished dishes to customers.
A Food Service Worker’s responsibilities include a wide range of tasks that keep the kitchen running smoothly, from cleaning up after cooking to adhering to food safety regulations.
Ultimately, you will work in kitchens with Chefs and other food specialists to ensure dishes are prepared correctly and processes are followed.
- Follow established recipes to prepare menu items
- Serve customers in a fast, efficient and friendly manner
- Follow guidelines to ensure correct serving temperatures and adequate portion control
- Provide customers with information regarding food ingredients, availability and pricing
- Escalate customer concerns and complaints to management
- Assist customers with paying for products
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Food Service Worker or similar role
- Completion of the provided training program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic mathematical skills
- Proficient understanding of food allergies and modified diets
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Keep records of the quantities of food used
- Portion and wrap foods
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Experience and Specialization
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Conventional oven
- Electronic cash register
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply