Jobs in Canada
Technical sales specialist needed in Canada by T&X Fashion Group Inc
Technical sales specialists are sales professionals that work exclusively with highly specialized technical products, such as electronics or computer products. Like any other sales professional, technical sales specialists need excellent interpersonal skills to maintain client relationships and onboard new clients.
Technical sales representatives promote and sell technical or scientific products for an organization. They ascertain the needs of the customer, promote the relevant products, and demonstrate clearly how the products work.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $31.25 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for a driven technical sales representative to join our dynamic team. The technical sales representative should have a clear understanding of the components of the products and the ability to demonstrate how they work. Your responsibilities will include establishing the needs of the customer and recommending and demonstrating products.
To be a successful technical sales representative, you should be able to develop an excellent rapport with your existing customers and source new clients. A top-notch technical sales representative should be knowledgeable about competing products and should have the ability to break down technical terminology to non-technical clients.
Technical Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Establishing the technical needs of the customer and suggesting appropriate products.
- Explaining complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
- Following up with customers and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Keeping customers informed about new technological products.
- Compiling proposals and reports related to technical products.
- Ensuring that sales targets are consistently met.
- Reporting to management about sales made.
- Updating records of customer communications and contact information.
Technical Sales Representative Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the company products work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to identify and follow up on leads.
- Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
- Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
- Deliver sales presentations
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client’s needs
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
- Train customers’ staff in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Resolve product and service related problems
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
- Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists
- 1 to 2 people
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply