A Warehouse Associate is a professional who is responsible for fulfilling the logistics behind receiving, processing and storing inventory according to purchase orders and store policy. They also ensure that shipping schedules are met with attention to detail to ensure timely delivery and loss prevention. Also known as a warehouse worker, stock clerk, or warehouse clerk, a warehouse associate is responsible for receiving, processing, and sending out stock and materials. The warehouse associate works to inventory incoming stock, fill orders on outgoing stock, and keep the warehouse neat and ordered.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: $14.50 to $15.50 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a hard-working warehouse associate to help us in our warehouse. The warehouse associate is responsible for receiving, labeling, and storing incoming shipments, assessing stock for damages, keeping a concise record of inventory, and accurately filling customer orders.
A successful warehouse associate is hard-working, organized and detail-oriented. You should be able to keep good records and keep track of incoming and outgoing stock to ensure inventory levels remain steady.
Warehouse Associate Responsibilities:
- Receiving, processing, labeling, and storing incoming stock.
- Maintaining clear records on all inventory and stock.
- Inspecting all stock for damages and keeping records of damages.
- Organizing the warehouse space.
- Preparing orders for shipment.
- Recording exact arrival and departure times for shipments.
- Operating stock management tools; for example, a forklift.
- Counting stock and keeping inventory records.
Warehouse Associate Requirements:
- A high school diploma.
- Experience with inventory software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A forklift driver’s certification.
- Physical stamina.
- The ability to be a team player.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- In shop
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Clean and maintain office, supply area or warehouse
- Perform general office duties
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Advise on use and appropriateness of goods or parts
- Handle cash transactions
- Maintain records on inventory control system
- Prepare and track work orders
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Process incoming requisitions
- Receive, unpack and sort incoming parts, supplies and materials
- Sell spare and replacement parts
- Ship, deliver or pick up parts, products or equipment
- Store items in warehouse, tool room or supply area
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Office
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Pallet lifters
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Repetitive tasks
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Free parking available
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply