A Child Care Worker, or Daycare Worker, is responsible for maintaining a safe and fun environment for young children to preteens. Their duties include coming up with creative and educational activities, preparing and serving snacks to children and maintaining a clean environment for t
- Location: 566 LinshartComox, BCV9M 2K8
- Salary: $21.00 to $28.00 hourly for 15 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
A childcare assistant, or childcare worker, takes care of children in an organization or in the home of the children. A childcare assistant assists childcare teachers with children’s basic needs, such as bathing, feeding, monitoring movement, and diaper changing.
We are looking for an experienced childcare assistant to be responsible for providing assistance to the childcare teacher at a school. The childcare assistant will work closely with the childcare teacher in conducting daily duties such as preparing and serving meals, changing diapers, writing daily reports, recording attendance, engaging in play, assisting to put children to sleep, and creating a safe environment.
To be successful as a childcare assistant, you must possess a passion for children and exercise patience with them. You should display a friendly and positive attitude and greet parents and children by their name. Ultimately, you should constantly monitor and supervise the children in your care to ensure their safety.
Childcare Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing support for the childcare teacher.
- Monitoring and supervising the children constantly.
- Assisting the childcare teacher in maintaining a safe and positive environment.
- Cultivating relationships with children, parents, and guardians.
- Alerting the childcare teacher to emergencies.
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Greeting parents and addressing children by their name.
- Adhering to procedures in preparing a bottle or changing a diaper.
- Assisting with sand, water, or playground activities.
- Assisting in putting children to sleep.
Childcare Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate in early childhood education and care (CHC 30113), if pertinent to the state.
- A current Working with Children License.
- First Aid Training recommended.
- On-the-job training recommended.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must meet state-specific guidelines.
English or French
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Child care centre
- Before and after school programs
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- On-site daycare available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply