Bartenders work directly with customers by mixing and serving drink orders. Their responsibilities include verifying age requirements, knowing alcohol pairing and tastes, knowing how to make traditional and classy drinks, processing payments, managing inventory and cleaning bar supplies.
A Bartender is a service professional who prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They can assess a customer’s requests and like to make great recommendations.
Bartenders are friendly, highly organized and proactive professionals. They are efficient and have exceptional customer service skills. Bartenders are also very creative. They are drink innovators. They can accept feedback from a customer and modify ingredients to fit taste preferences.
- Location: Red Deer, AB
- Salary: $15.00 hourly for 8 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Night, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for an enthusiastic Bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good Bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation includes salary and tips.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
Requirements and skills
- Resume and proven working experience as a Bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
A good Bartender is friendly, organized, has a good memory and can communicate efficiently and effectively with a diverse group of customers. They are energetic, confident, have a strong knowledge of alcoholic beverages and practice good time management skills. They must be able to work quickly, in fast-paced environments and methodically.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
The employer stated that this is a green job because the position:
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Banquet hall
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- References attesting experience