Washes all wares including pots, plans, flatware, and glasses, by hand or using dishwashers. Correctly places and stores clean equipment, dishes, and utensils in assigned storage areas. Stocks serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and other assigned areas with necessary dishes and utensils.
Dishwashers work to take on some janitorial and supportive kitchen tasks, such as bussing tables, washing dishes and appliances, emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing floors, restocking items, and performing other tasks to ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are clean and prepared for guests.
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
- Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 hourly for 20 to 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. The dishwasher’s duties include removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, washing them thoroughly, and resetting tables in preparation for the next party. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
To be successful as a dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimal work experience.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
- Carrying and replace linen
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Load buspans and trays
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Place dishes in storage area
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
- Package take-out food
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Food Safety Certificate
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
3401, 8th Street East suite 5
S7H 0W5 Between 12:00 AM and 08:00 PM