Alarm technicians install and maintain fire and security alarm systems in people’s homes and at businesses. They test systems, locate and repair breakages and connection problems, and explain how the systems work to customers. Completely free trial, no card required.
- Location: Yellowknife, NT
- Salary: $24.00 to $30.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Overtime, 08:00 to 17:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a detail-oriented problem-solver to join our team as an alarm technician. You will be installing and maintaining a range of alarm systems, analyzing blueprints and plans, and finding and repairing any malfunctions.
To ensure success as an alarm technician, you should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of safety codes and regulations, and experience with a variety of alarm systems.
Alarm Technician Responsibilities:
- Making sure all work complies with relevant codes and regulations.
- Completing all assignments.
- Performing inspections and diagnosing any problems.
- Completing full installations.
- Travelling occasionally to customer locations.
- Reading, understanding, and following product manuals.
- Educating customers on care and maintenance.
- Writing service and status reports.
- Analyzing plans.
- Testing all features and equipment to ensure optimum functioning.
Alarm Technician Requirements:
- Associate or technical degree.
- Certification from the Electronic Security Association or the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies.
- Track record of excellent customer service.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Alarm system experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work after hours and on weekends.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- In shop
- On-site customer service
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Install, maintain and repair electronic equipment
- Inspect and test electronic equipment and assemblies
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment and assemblies
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports
- Prepare cost estimates
- Read blueprints and drawings
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Electronic Technician Trade Certification – consumer products
Experience and specialization
Type of service and repair
- Alarm/security system
- Office audio equipment
- Video cameras and projectors
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Wireless networks
- Wireless router
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply