Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, and access points. Investigates security breaches, incidents, and other alarming behavior. Controls traffic by directing drivers. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Location: Belleville, ON
- Salary: $17.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a fit and attentive security guard to ensure that our property is protected. The security guard is responsible for recording the names of visitors, patrolling the property and apprehending any trespassers.
To be successful as a security guard you must be alert and professional. A good security guard is aware of all visitors to the property and ensures that no inappropriate actions take place.
Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Ensure that guests sign in upon arrival and exit.
- Make guests aware of rules that must be adhered to.
- Remove trespassers or unwanted individuals from the property.
- Contact the relevant authorities if a crime is committed or an accident occurs.
- Report to supervisors on a regular basis.
- Record any suspicious activities to the supervisor.
Security Guard Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- A qualification in security training.
- Basic first aid skills would be advantageous.
- Physical strength and fitness.
- Prior experience as a Security Guard would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- Air conditioned
- Shopping centre or mall
- Appear in court as witness
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Produce reports
- Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities
- Investigate unlawful acts of employees or patrons of establishments and recommend security systems
- Patrol assigned areas
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Security Guard License
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Confidential security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply