Waiter/waitress – food and beverage services needed in Canada by Spicy & Delish Restaurant Ltd.
Also known as servers, waiters serve customers in restaurants by placing their food orders and bringing the prepared food to their table.
- Location: Saskatoon, SK
- Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 hourly for 20 to 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
Waiters assist restaurant patrons by noting their order, serving tables their requested meals, and preparing bills at the end of the table’s meal. Waiters are also responsible for asking customers if they are satisfied with their meal and providing any assistance should the customer not be satisfied.
To be successful as a waiter you must have the endurance to stand for long hours and have patience with difficult customers. A good waiter anticipates the needs of customers and provides all services in a friendly manner.
- Greet customers and hand out menus.
- Take meal and beverage orders from customers and place these orders in the kitchen.
- Make menu recommendations and inform patrons of any specials.
- Deliver meals and beverages to tables when they have been prepared.
- Check that customers are satisfied with their meal.
- Prepare the bill for tables when requested.
- Cash up bills and ensure that the correct amount has been paid.
- Administer change to tables if needed.
- Endurance to walk and stand for long hours.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to remain calm and professional with difficult customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Coordination to carry plates or trays without dropping anything.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Prepare and serve specialty food at customers’ tables
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- Advise on menu selections
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Serve food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- 1 to 2 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Food Safety Certificate
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Electronic cash register
- Point of sale system
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Excellent oral communication
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
3401, 8th Street East suite 5
S7H 0W5 Between 10:00 AM and 06:00 PM
Learn more about this job